Oh my goodness! Can you contain your excitement? You’re finally setting out on your road trip, after planning this dream vacation for months. You’ve looked at many different RV rentals, you’ve planned the destinations, and you’re finally on the open road.
Yet as you go, you realize that you don’t have everything as planned as you thought and maybe it’s not that exciting. You have the basics down, but what can you do to get as much out of this trip as possible?
The following tips are just a few of the ways that you can make sure that your road trip turns out as one of the most exciting vacations of your life:
- Get out of your comfort zone. There is a lot to be said about getting out of your comfort zone. If you have always done things a certain way or enjoyed the same activities on your trips, this time around, try something new. For example, maybe you tend to gravitate towards hanging out at bars at your destination. While it may not be your cup of tea, at first, why not try outdoor activities this trip? Or, maybe rock climbing classes seem a bit too challenging for you. What if you gave it a try during this road trip? You may discover just how much you like it and will have plenty of memories to take back home with you.
- Avoid things that you don’t enjoy doing, simply because people say they must be done. On the flip side, if you know that you really don’t enjoy certain types of activities, don’t force yourself to do them, just because it’s what people do when they go to certain destinations. For example; when people go to New York City, they often feel obligated to visit the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building. Sometimes, these people would rather go to a comedy show or enjoy a tasty meal instead. Don’t waste your time, just because it’s what everyone else does while visiting your planned destinations.
- Book exciting activities ahead of time. If you know that you want to do something specific in one of the destinations, such as take a picture at sunset at a special lookout point or go skydiving over the coastline in California, you want to book these special activities in advance to make sure that you get to enjoy them.
- Dive into what the locals enjoy doing. Travelers often stick to what they know when they head to a new destination but there is a lot to be said about “doing things the way that the locals do.” For example, think of people who go to Mexican beaches for vacation. Most of the time, they stick to the resort they booked and hardly venture out at all. While this may be “safe and relaxing,” these people usually miss out on some amazing experiences that the locals know are worth doing. From local hangout spots that can be really fun to activities that aren’t as touristy as the ones that you may know about, but are equally as fun, there are plenty of things that you can be doing if you take the time to see “how they do it” in the destinations you’ll be visiting.
- Discover outdoor wonders in the locations that you visit. If you are planning on visiting cities on your trip, you probably have some city events to enjoy on your trip. If you have some extra time to play with, why not look up outdoor activities that could make your trip that much more exciting. From beautiful hidden spots to world-famous parks, take advantage of the beautiful world we live in. It’s bound to be much more exciting than you think.
The secret to enjoying your vacation is to make a plan yet also know how to relax and be flexible about said plan. It’s about going with the flow and enjoying new experiences. Make sure that you do things that you enjoy and try some new things that you’re not sure about.
At the end of your trip, you’ll discover how many wonderful memories you have and how much you lived on your road trip. From jumping out of planes to simply enjoying a beautiful sunset over a lake, the important thing is to be present in the moment. After all, you’re on vacation to have fun and enjoying the moments you have is what it’s all about.
Traveling in RV rentals to see destinations you’ve never been to and enjoy a vacation like none other is a great first step to excitement already. Now, keep that open mind and a thirst for trying new things in life, and you’ll be amazed at how wonderful your vacation will be.