Have you heard about the sub-culture surrounding the ever-growing vaping industry? It is one that might surprise some people, since most people wouldn’t necessarily consider a MOD vaping device a collector’s item, but that is exactly what these innovative contraptions are becoming (not to mention being a daily necessity for millions).
As the number of high-end MODs on the market increases, so does the number of collectors. Buyers are keen to bulk up on variety and the products out there certainly won’t disappoint. But before we touch upon the best vaping MODs of 2018, let’s refresh our memories about this type of vaping hardware.
What is a Vape MOD and how does it work?
Many vapers will pay extra for e-vape modifications that extend the battery life of a device, improve its durability and longevity, as well alter its appearance and vaping performance. This will be called a “Vape MOD”. Experienced vapers will usually opt for this kind of product, which can be relied on to last for years, if maintained properly. Bigger clouds of smoke is produced by a MOD, making this kind of vape hardware ideal for individuals who enjoy doing smoke tricks.
A MOD works just like a vape pen, with the tank containing the e-liquid and an atomizer that heats up coils to turn this liquid into vapor. The device will also have a mouthpiece, a smoke level setting button and a battery.
Can I get high by using a Vape MOD?
Indeed you can. In fact, a lot of today’s Vape MOD users will search for a mechanical device that they can use with Cannabidiol (CBD) oil. With cannabis legalization spreading across the United States (and the rest of the world, for that matter), it is not surprising that the best vape brands are jumping on the green bandwagon and rethinking their product ranges. CBD oil does not have to leave you feeling high when you vape it, however. There are certain types of cannabis oil on the market that contain minimal Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – the psychoactive compound. Vape it at a comfortable level using a Vape MOD.
How is a MOD different from an E-cig?
The main differences between a normal e-cigarette and a modified vape is the features. Features are variable and may include a broader temperature setting and increased wattage output. Let’s not forget about the exterior design, too. MODs come in a wider selection of styles, some of which have chunky bottom sections and others that exhibit glass mouthpieces. E-cigs are generally smaller, making them easier to slip in your pocket. However, a MOD is fully-equipped to endure constant use, making Vape Mods perfect for heavy vapers.
Top-Rated MODs of 2018 for Value and Quality
Now that your knowledge is fed, it’s time to discover what 2018 has in store for the Vape MOD market. A MOD that is good value for money will tick the boxes for performance, reliability, aesthetics, durability and serviceability. With quality, price and overall design in mind, the following MODs make the cut as 10 products that are worth the investment:
- Aspire Zelos – 50W – This top-rated piece of merchandise is a must-have for anyone who vapes a lot. It is complete with a tank that holds up to 2ml of e-juice. What’s more, the vape works with Nautilus BVC Atomizers from the Aspire range. The design is curvy and modern, with a smoke level setting to suit all kinds of vaping enthusiasts.
- Jacvapour Series S22 –Lightweight and pleasing to the eye, this MOD can be used on a daily basis with its long-lasting 1600 mAh battery. It is easy to setup and is equally as suitable for beginners as it is experienced vapers.
- SMOK Q Box MOD – 50W – Ideal for beginners, this portable tool conceals a 1600 mAh battery and it has been praised for its build quality. Temperature control functionality and an appealing selection of colors are on offer with this MOD.
- Innokin Cool Fire 4 Plus – 70W – Coils go down to 0.1ohms with this hard-wearing piece of kit. It features an integrated battery, robust build and compact design.
- VaporFi VEX Mod – 75W – With its strong build quality and replaceable battery, this product is definitely worth a mention. Described as a “marvel of vaping technology” on the official VaporFi website, the VEX Mod churns out extra power to satisfy advanced vaper’s needs.
Do I need to replace a Vape Mod?
Anything that is used for a long period of time will eventually require replacing. The same applies for your Vape Mod, which you can rely on to function to its full capacity if you maintain it properly. It is inevitable that your coils will need replacing every couple of weeks. However, you can make them last longer by priming them for use and filling up on oil when the tank goes empty.